Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I need a break... its not you... its me....

I'm writing this because I haven't written a post in a while. Truth is, I needed a break. Has it ever happened to you that one week you feel extremely productive, and the next week, you can't even make yourself throw out the stinky trash because your just too tired?



Last week, I was working out consistently. Even tried a new high-intensity cross-fit class. Had fully booked work days. Started working on a new exciting project. Even had time to do laundry, pick up my daughter from school every day, help her with her homework, have dinners with my boyfriend, phone conversations with my sisters, meet up with my best friend, get glammed up for a few red carpet events, and organize my 8 year old daughter's Rock Star Birthday Party. Wow! What energy. And I did all that in one week!

I had a natural high going on. I was feeling like Super WOMAN.  I was really doing this. Until my human-ness came out and I crashed the very next week (AKA this week). The kryptonite to my powers was R-E-A-L-I-T-Y.

I often hear of women that do it all, they are moms, career women, and  still manage to work-out  like Olympians and maintain their gorgeous figures. I really think those women are Urban Legends. We all hear about them (sometimes on twitter and facebook) but do they really, I mean really exist?

I feel we can do it all, but we can't do it all 100% of the time.  It is difficult to be on top of things 24/7. Especially when you're a mom because there is a little human being, putting you on check. Hey mom, whats for dinner, I'm hungry! Hey mom, can you check my homework. Hey mom, don't forget about the parent-teacher conference tomorrow. Hey mom, remember to take me to Staples so I can buy construction paper for my Solar System Project tomorrow. Hey mom, I have a tummy ache.

Motherhood is something you will never take a break from. Its the ultimate Job. So other things take breaks, like blogging, taking that 8pm Zumba class, or a Girls Night Out.

Don't get me wrong. I love being a Mommy. I just need to remember, I am NOT SUPERWOMAN, but I  AM a Super Hero to my Daughter... and at the end of the day, that's all that matters!

1 comment:

  1. wow! you are super WOMAN. I'm tired just reading about your week. I gotta go take a nap now.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: