Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yes... I'm a guilty wife, can you blame me for this guilty pleasure?


"There are people in here who want me dead, some for retribution but most to establish their own notoriety.  It would be a sure path to celebrity to kill me or one of my friends, known collectively as the Monte Carlo Mistresses. That was the moniker that stuck in the international media."
- EXCERPT from the book "Guilty Wives" by  James Patterson & David Ellis

MY "GUILTY WIVES"BOOK REVIEW.

I've never been into James Patterson novels. Mainly because I would much rather read biographies and memoirs because most of them are about successful people and how they handled adversity. I love reading about real people, real situations, real outcomes.

But... once in a while I indulge in the 'guilty' pleasure of reading fiction. I was first attracted to this book because of it's title. The words guilty wives conjures so many different emotions. Ohhhh the shame of being a guilty wife. But guilty of what? Perhaps guilty of not being the "perfect" wife? Not being as crafty as Martha Stewart? As good of a cook as Paula Dean? As good looking as Gisele Bundchen? As smart as Condoleezza Rice? As politically savvy as Hilary Clinton? As alluring as Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis? As sweet looking as Katie Holmes? The list goes on.... Wow I'm GUILTY on all counts!

Well, hold on..  this book is about another type of guilt. Murder. Adultery. I would describe it as "Sex and the City" meets "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" meets "Beverly Hills Housewives."

"Guilty Wives" centers on four extremely wealthy women who are all married, and decide to take a girls weekend trip to Monte Carlo. Its like the rich people's version of Las Vegas. The book takes you directly into their world, and gives you a taste of what its like when you can do what you want when you want when money is not an issue. The girls party like rock stars in an exotic Hotel and end up spending an "interesting" night on a rich man's yacht. When they wake up, the President of France (who was partying with them) is found shot dead and the murder is linked to the four women.

Its a whodunit novel with a feminine twist. Once I started reading it, it was hard to put down. The books extravagant setting in Monte Carlo and Paris made the mystery even sweeter.

Yes... im Guilty... of loving this book.

TO GET "GUILTY WIVES" CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: