Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Got Crabs?? Put on a bib and go get ya'some !

When my in-laws were visiting this weekend from Colorado, Tiny (my husband's nickname for his mom) wanted to take advantage of the beautiful California Coastline (and who can blame her) and have lunch somewhere near the water. Jeff my husband suggested The Crab Pot in Long Beach. !


We all ordered "The Alaskan" which is a big pot of King Crab, Dungeness Crab, Snow Crab, Shrimp, Steamed Clams, Pacific Mussels, Andouille Sausage, Corn on the Cob and Red Potatoes! 


The best part about it: NO SILVERWARE NEEDED! The waiters literally drop the pot of seafood yummi-ness right on the table and you use your bare hands to get right into it! 


You also get to wear a cute bib, so in ways I felt like a toddler all over again- eating with my fingers and wearing a bib! I'm 8 months pregnant so I'm about to go through the "messy eating-wearing bib" stage with a real live baby in just a few weeks, so it was nice to feel like a kid again myself before I need to be a real adult and take care of a little one.

Eating here was a good way to have some great seafood, re-connect with the "baby" in all of us, and have an amazing time with my in-laws, husband and daughter near the beautiful Ocean. 






If you don't live near Long Beach California, there are Crab Pots in Seattle, Bellevue, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta!
HERE IS THEIR WEBSITE : The Crab Pot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: