Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WHEN YOU GOT APPLES... MAKE APPLE PIE!


The corner of my kitchen has a fruit bowl-- with LOTS of Apples... Although "an apple a day keeps the Dr. away" an apple a day also makes you "sick" of apples!  So when I found that the dozens of apples were starting to wilt,  I decided to make Apple Pie!

I don't have a recipe up my sleeve so I have to rely on good'ol google to help... After looking at a few recipes Bobby Flay's seemed to be the easiest. Plus, I LOVE me some Bobby Flay. And it was super easy! For the recipe click here: APPLE PIE RECIPE

STEP 1: peel 5 apples

STEP 2: make the crust with butter (as a substitute for vegetable shortening which I didn't have in my fridge), flour, salt, egg, water, vinegar



STEP 3: cut the Apples and mix with sugar, flour and cinamon, and place in the raw crust

STEP 4: place in the oven for 30-40 minutes... and Voila...


THIS RECIPE WAS SO SIMPLE, IM ACTUALLY GOING TO MAKE IT FOR MY FAMILY FOR THANKSGIVING... I never thought making apple pie from scratch would be this easy... and this  delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: